Questions for the College Visit & Interview
- To what degree is studying and spending time on academic work emphasized?
- Do faculty hold students to high regards?
- How much time do students spend on homework each week?
- What type of thinking do assignments require?
- How much writing is expected?
- How much reading is expected?
- Do exams require students to do their best work?
- How often do students discuss ideas in class?
- How often are topics from class discussed outside of the classroom?
- Do students work together on projects - inside and outside of class?
- How often do students make class presentations?
- How many students participate in community-based projects in regular courses?
- How many students apply their classroom learning to real life through internships or off-campus field experiences?
- Do students have opportunities to tutor or teach other students?
- Are faculty members accessible and supportive?
- How many students work on research projects with faculty?
- Do students receive prompt feedback on academic performance?
- How often do students talk with their teachers about what they are learning in class?
- How often do students talk with advisors or faculty members about their career plans?
- Do students and faculty members work together on committees and projects outside of course work?
Enriching Educational Experiences
- What types of honors courses, learning communities, and other distinctive programs are offered?
- In what ways do faculty use technology in their classes?
- How often do students interact with peers with different social, political or religious views?
- How often do students interact with peers from different racial or ethnic backgrounds?
- How many students study in other countries?
- Do students participate in activities that enhance their spirituality?
- What percentage of students do community service?
- What kinds of activities are students involved in outside of the classroom?
- What kinds of events does the campus sponsor?
- Is a culminating senior year experience required?
Supportive Campus Environment
- How well do students get along with other students?
- Are students satisfied with their overall educational experience?
- How much time do students devote to co-curricular activities?
- How well do students get along with administrators and staff?
- To what extent does the school help students deal with their academic and social needs?
- What types of financial aid or scholarships are available to students?
- How accessible are library services?
- What safety services are available to students?
- What types of health and counseling services are available?
- What types of career planning and job placement services are available?
College Guidance Office | ph: (561) 210-2410 | fax: (561) 210-2417