- September - January: Schedule student interview and apply online.
- January 17: First round deadline for all completed application materials.
- February 17: Notification of Admission Decisions - Applications completed by January 17 will receive priority consideration. Admission decisions will be emailed on February 17.
- After the January 17 first round deadline, we will continue to welcome applications. When spaces in a particular grade level are filled, the Admission Committee may offer qualified candidates a place on the Waiting List.
- Decisions will be emailed February 17.
A completed Upper School application includes:
APPLICATION AND FEE
$75 for applicants living within the U.S.
$100 for applicants living outside the U.S.
Saint Andrew's accepts two forms of application:
- Saint Andrew's Online Application - consisting of the Biographical Information, Parent Statement, and Student Questionnaire with choice of Essay or Personal Project. Teacher Recommendation forms may be accessed through our Online Application.
- SSAT Standard Application Online (SAO) - applicants applying to multiple schools may want to consider applying through the SSAT SAO.
THREE TEACHER RECOMMENDATION FORMS
Electronic confidential teacher recommendations can be accessed through our online application and must be sent directly from the applicant's current school to the Admission Office.
English Teacher Form
Math Teacher Form
Principal or Guidance Counselor Form
REQUEST FOR RELEASE OF RECORDS
Electronic Request for Release of Records can be accessed through our online application. A copy of official previous and current (first trimester or first semester) year school transcripts, including prior year’s standardized testing (if applicable) and attendance information.
Testing is required. It is preferred that applicants take the Secondary School Admission Test (SSAT). Our school code is: 6286. The Admission Committee will also accept recent SAT, PSAT, ISEE, or ACT results in lieu of SSAT.
SSAT registration and test information is available at www.ssat.org
or you may call SSAT at 609.683.4440. It is important to choose us as a recipient of the scores by entering Saint Andrew's School in the specified fields when registering for the test.
An admission interview is an important part of the application process and is required for all applicants. Admission interviews are conducted in person or virtually via Zoom. Please contact the Admission Office to schedule an appointment.
COPY OF BIRTH CERTIFICATE
An officially translated copy is required for any birth certificate not in English.
INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS ONLY
Applicants for whom English is not their native language must submit either, a current TOEFL or Duolingo score, in addition to the SSAT. Our school code for the TOEFL is 8163.
A certified translated copy of the applicant's transcripts and current grades must also be submitted. For applicants applying to grade 11 or 12, four years of previous transcripts are required, including grade 8.
APPLICANTS FROM MAINLAND CHINA, HONG KONG, TAIWAN, SOUTH KOREA, AND BRAZIL
Saint Andrew's has partnered with Vericant
to conduct interviews and short writing samples with our applicants in Mainland China, Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan, South Korea, Brazil, and Vietnam. The Vericant interview is a strongly recommended component of your completed application if you are not able to visit campus. The Vericant interview deadline is January 14, 2023.
To learn more about Vericant and to schedule an interview, please visit Vericant's Website
Saint Andrew's School does not and shall not discriminate on the basis of age, gender, race, religion, color, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital or familial status, pregnancy, disability/handicap, genetic information, military status, or any other protected status in the administration of its educational program, admission, financial aid, athletic, or school policies. It strictly adheres to all applicable local, state, and federal laws. All students are afforded equal rights and privileges, and access to programs and activities available to Saint Andrew's School students.