As a top college preparatory school, we offer a rigorous academic curriculum with a global emphasis designed to foster creative thinking and meet the needs of our students at each level.
Our Elementary School students are intensely curious. With their creative thinking caps on, they seek to learn about:
Who we are and where we are in place and time
- How we express ourselves
- How the world works
- How we organize ourselves
- How do we share the planet
Our goal in the Lower School is to open a new world of learning for our students.
Our Middle School students love exploring. Whether outside, in nature, or inside the classroom, they:
- Digest and discern ever-increasing flows of information
- Collaborate in small teams
- Organize knowledge
- Move beyond the memorization of facts and think critically
- Learn concepts and contexts that cross disciplinary, cultural, and geographical boundaries
Our goal in the Middle School is to provide developmentally-appropriate opportunities to help our students make the journey from dependence to independence.
Our High School students are idea generators. But they know that generating ideas is only 1% of the equation. As Thomas Edison once wrote, “Genius is one percent inspiration and 99 percent perspiration.” As a result, our students seek to:
- Diagnose problems and get to the bottom of things
- Research possible answers and ideas
- Test and validate their hypotheses
- Implement and execute their solutions through creative outlets
- Evaluate their results
Our goal in the Upper School is to prepare our students for success in college and in life.