Campus Safety Information
Safety and Security Department
Hours of Operation: 24 hours/day year round
Emergency Hotline (24 Hour Recording): 561.210.2345
On-Duty Security Supervisor: 561.445.9954
On-Duty Security Officer: 561.445.8277
Administrative Office: 561.210.2180
Administrative Hours of Operation:
Office: Mon. - Fri.
8:30 - 11:30 am
1:30 - 3:30 pm
Primary Department Functions
Bicycle Patrol Unit
Parent Parking Details
Student Parking Details
Student Campus & Driving Regulations
The Safety & Security Department is dedicated to the safety and security of all our stakeholders. The mission of the department is to enhance our safety and security initiatives through continuous improvement, open communication, building strong and sustainable community partnerships, the adoption of progressive security stratagems and through proactive action by our department members.
The mission of the Saint Andrew's School Department of Safety and Security is to provide a safe, secure and nurturing learning environment for the Saint Andrew's community.
The Safety & Security Department maintains a strategic plan prioritizing existing safety and security initiatives and enhancements. Maintaining and improving safety and security is the cornerstone of the department. The current safety and security strategic plan has identified many primary focus areas and functions for the
Saint Andrew's School has a trained and certified Safety and Security Team under the leadership of the Director of Safety & Security. All members of the team are state licensed security officers and are employees of the School. Department members are certified in traffic control management, crisis management, cardio pulmonary resuscitation (CPR) and automated external defibrillators (AED). A complement of uniformed officers is on duty 24 hours a day; additional officers are on duty during school hours and at special events.
The Safety and Security Department espouses the principles and best practices associated with national safe schools methodologies. The department is responsible for maintaining a safe, secure and nurturing environment for the Saint Andrews School community.
The Saint Andrew's School Safety and Security team maintains a working relationship with the Boca Raton Police Department. The Boca Raton Police Department utilizes our school as a training venue. All school crisis plans and emergency protocols are developed in conjunction with the Boca Raton Police Department.
PRIMARY DEPARTMENT FUNCTIONS
Safety and Security Patrols
Traffic Control and Management
Emergency and Crisis Management
Safety & Security Training
Campus Parking and Decal Program
Life Safety Systems
Safety and Security Assessments
Closed Circuit Television (CCTV)
Bicycle Patrol Unit
Safety and Security Manuals
The Safety & Security Department assists in the coordination of school community emergency crisis management. The school has institutionalized crisis and emergency protocols that are modeled after the best practices in the school safety and security discipline. The school's crisis plan has been promulgated through and certified as compliant with the federal National Incident Management System (NIMS).
Strategies and protocols utilized in this Crisis Plan have been derived from the experiences of private school stakeholders, public school administrators , law enforcement officials, fire department officials, emergency medical service officials, other governmental agencies and civic organizations, and community members who are knowledgeable about school safety and the most effective measures of resolving a school-site incident. Drawing on their collective wisdom, expertise, and authority, the Saint Andrew's School Crisis Plan describes "best practices" for emergency situations.
BICYCLE PATROL UNIT
The Saint Andrew's School Safety & Security Department administers and conducts bicycle security patrols throughout the campus. Security Officers who are assigned to bicycle patrol are all trained and certified through the International Police Mountain Bike Association's (IPMBA) Security Cyclist Course.
One of the fastest growing trends in school safety and security today is utilization of mountain bicycles. Quiet, cost efficient, and amazingly effective, mountain bikes are able to bridge the gap between motorized patrol and foot patrol. The Saint Andrew's School bicycle patrol directly supports the school's environmentally green efforts. According to Headmaster Ann Marie Krejcarek , Saint Andrew's "...is fully committed to finding long term ways to do our part and live in balance with the natural world that sustains us." Bicycle officers are better able to use all of their senses, including smell and hearing, to perform their safety and security duties. Bike-mounted security officers create a highly mobile, visible presence that supports the customer friendly attitude of the department.
PARENT PARKING DECALS
The Safety and Security Department facilitates the processing of Parent/Guardian Vehicle Identification decals. The decals will be valid from July 2010 through July 2012. The decals are to be displayed in the lower left corner of the driver's side windshield. Parent/Guardian decals may not be used for student vehicles. Students must purchase a student parking decal from the Safety & Security Department. Two (2) Parent/Guardian Vehicle Identification decals are provided on a complimentary basis; additional decals are $ 5.00/each.
To Obtain a Parent Vehicle Identification Decal:
* Download Parent Parking Decal Form;
* Bring completed application to the Safety & Security Office @ Saint Andrew's School:
Mon-Fri from 8:30 am to 11:30 am or 1:30 pm to 3:30 pm and receive your decal(s)
STUDENT PARKING DECALS
The Safety & Security Department facilitates the processing and administration of student parking identification decals. The decals will are valid from July 1 through June 30 of each calendar year. The decals are to be displayed in the lower left
corner of the driver's side windshield. Parent/Guardian decals may not be used for
student vehicles. Students must purchase a student parking decal from the Safety &
Security Department. If a student is sharing a vehicle with a parent, the vehicle must display both a Parent and Student decal.
STUDENT CAMPUS DRIVING & PARKING REGULATIONS
CAMPUS DRIVING & PARKING REGULATIONS
1. All automobiles parked on school grounds must be registered with the school and must display the current parking decal on the lower left corner of the vehicle's windshield.
2. Parking is strictly limited to designated student parking areas. Vehicles will be immobilized and a fee of $75.00 will be charged to the student's account for removal of the vehicle immobilization device. Vehicles are subject to immobilization if they are parked in "no parking zones" ; faculty parking areas; curbs; grass; master teacher parking spots; any area where safety is compromised; designated fire lanes and any other non-designated student parking areas.
3. To facilitate identification, vehicles shall not back into parking spaces.
4. All students must have current driver's licenses, proper vehicle registration and current automobile insurance. The school is not responsible for the automobiles and/or its contents.
5. All vehicles shall observe the posted school speed limit of 15 mph. Careless and/or reckless driving is not allowed on school grounds.
6. No loitering in the parking lots is permitted. Students are not allowed in the parking lots during class times unless they receive written permission from school officials.
7. Vehicles driven/parked/standing on school grounds are subject to search and to the seizure (based on reasonable suspicion) of any property within a vehicle that is contrary to federal/state statutes, school policies/regulations or that may be harmful to any person.
8. Students leaving campus without authorized permission during the school day are subject to loss of their campus driving privileges. Violations of this nature could result in the student finding alternate means of transportation to and from school for a prescribed period of time.
9. Parking violations are strictly enforced. It is considered a privilege to park on school grounds. Suspension of driving privileges, towing if vehicles, the use of Vehicle Immobilization Devices and/or suspension from school may occur when violations of these regulations occur.
10. Students applying for and receiving decals understand that it is their responsibility to adhere to all of these regulations and any subsequent regulations that may be adopted.
Safety Information from the State of Florida
The Florida Department of Law Enforcement maintains a sexual predator and sexual offender registry. Parents, students, and employees should regularly visit the public registry to review it for individuals who may have prior criminal records and sex offenses. Information concerning registered sex offenders and predators in Florida may be obtained by visiting http://www.fdle.state.fl.us, the Florida Department of Law Enforcement Sexual Offenders database. Information may also be obtained by contacting the FDLE’s toll free telephone number: 1-888-357-7332. This information is provided in compliance with Florida law.
City of Boca Raton Police Services Department
City of Boca Raton Police Services - VIPER Program
Palm Beach County Sheriff's Office
National School Safety Center
National Crime Prevention Council
Florida Crime Prevention Association
McGruff Crime Prevention
Palm Beach County Hurricane Guide