Funding a Saint Andrew's Education
Gifts from generous donors to the Annual Fund are vital because tuition alone does not cover the full cost of educating a Saint Andrew's School student. Saint Andrew's, like most independent schools, relies on a tradition of giving to offset operational expenses.
In other words, if the full cost of a Saint Andrew's education was passed to families, each family would pay almost 20% more per child. Approximately 84% of the cost of educating a Saint Andrew's student is covered by tuition (based on 2009-2010 audited figures). The remainder is funded through gifts to the Annual Fund, income from auxiliary services, and income from investments including endowment.
Making an independent school education affordable to a diverse spectrum of households is challenging to most every school, and our school is no exception. It is important to understand that without prudent investments, a profitable bookstore, successful summer school and summer camp programs, and gifts to the Annual Fund, tuition would increase by approximately $4,900 per child.
Every child, every day is grateful to the parents, alumni, grandparents, corporations, foundations, and other friends who each year support Saint Andrew's School.
When considering your gift, please note the following:
- All gifts to the Annual Fund this year will be used this year.
- The Annual Fund Campaign begins July 1 and ends June 30.
- Gifts may be pledged and paid in installments.
- The Scots Society gift level is $1,000 or more.
- If you increase last year's gift by 10%, you will receive special recognition.
- First time donors receive special recognition in the Annual Report.
- You may be able to double or even triple your gift with a Matching Gift from your employer or your spouse's employer. Please inquire at your Human Resources Department.
In order to inspire, empower, and sustain this wonderful institution, please give to the Annual Fund this year and every year. Your gift supports programs that enrich the Saint Andrew's experience for every child.