The library is an important element at the very heart of the learning process. In the Schmitt Library, emphasis is placed on creating a welcoming space where students can explore the world-"the thinking center" where they can be actively engaged in this process.
The following library resources are available:
• An expanding circulating and reference book collection
• 8 desk top computers
• 25 laptop computers with a wireless connection
• A SmartBoard and LCD projector to engage students in interactive programs
• Age appropriate online databases to facilitate research
• Scholastic Reading Counts! program for students to track their leisure reading and comprehension development
• A space with comfortable seating provides a relaxing setting for leisure reading
Major research projects by grade level include these topics:
• 6th Grade-European, Asian & African countries and cultures
• 7th Grade-Genetic disorders
• 8th Grade-Important events of the 20th century
The results of research projects are often displayed in the library, along with student art work.
Please select the following links to view the library's holdings, view the online resources, and view a list of recent acquisitions.
Search the Library Catalog
Search the Online Resources
View Recent Acquisitions